February 25, 2009

The All NFC-North Team: The Offense

The Task: Assemble a roster of current NFC North players to compete in the 2009-2010 NFL season. 

Quarterback
Aaron Rodgers
Kyle Orton, Dan Orlovsky and Gus Frerotte started the most games for their respective teams.
In 36 games Orton, Orlovsky and Frerotte combined for 42 TDs and 35 INTs.
In 16 games Rodgers had 32 TDs and 13 INTs.

Running Back
Adrian Peterson

Wide Receivers
Calvin Johnson, Greg Jennings, Bernard Berrian
Megatron and the Professor are the kings of the NFC North.  Who's next?  I chose Berrian over other worthy candidates like Donald Driver, Sidney Rice, Devin Hester and, not joking here, Jordy Nelson.

Tight End
Greg Olsen
Although Visanthe Shiancoe got some meaty exposure this season, Greg Olsen is the pick here.  He runs clinics on corners, safeties, linebackers and, of course, any broad that dares visit the 7th floor.

"c'mon fellas let's get weird, stick your dick up in her ear" - about 6 minutes in 

Offensive Tackles
Bryant McKinnie, Jeff Backus
I could be way off here, but it's slim pickens at this spot.  Mount McKinnie has lost it a little over the last couple of years.  Backus is good...I think?  I don't know.  I just know I'm not impressed with Tauscher (injury), Clifton (elderly), John St. Clair (worst player in history), Chris Williams (turnstile) and Gosder Cherilus (LOL).  If John Tait wasn't retiring, I'd consider him here - especially if the year was 2001. 

Offensive Guards
Steve Hutchinson, Daryn Colledge
I'm out on a limb with Colledge, but I think he can get it done.  After struggling to find his niche along the offensive line, Colledge had a breakout season holding down a guard spot in Green Bay.  I'll take the up-and-comer Daryn Colledge over something called "Terrance Metcalf". 

Center
Olin Kreutz
This is the tough division to find offensive lineman in.  It's either old guys who were good 5 years ago and are decent today (Kreutz, Chad Clifton, Matt Birk, etc.) or young guys who haven't proven anything/I've never heard of.  So congrats Olin, you made it.  And I can tell by the picture that you're excited.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with almost everything, I'd take Driver over Berrian as a slot receiver and Shiancoe over Olsen, worst hands in the league more drops than Jimmy Lewis.

    ReplyDelete